Today, much attention is paid to design and aesthetics during repairs. The traditional floor-standing toilet has been replaced by suspended models, the installation of which requires a special metal structure called an installation. It is a strong frame that can hold not only the toilet and cistern, but also a person. All communications, including the tank, are hidden behind a false wall. Only the toilet is located outside, it is attached through the wall with long studs. This installation option has a number of advantages, although it is not without disadvantages. These points are important to consider when choosing a suitable installation.
How to choose a toilet installation
- Design. First of all, you need to get acquainted with the design of the suspension system. Almost all models are attached to the back wall, it is important to pay attention to this aspect. Some models do not have floor support due to the lack of legs (block system). Such installations are not recommended for heavy people, and the strength of the wall should not be in doubt.
- Mounting. In order to avoid difficulties with installation, it is necessary to take into account the features of the supply of communications. On sale you can find standard designs that are suitable for apartments and most houses. Integrated systems are designed for office buildings, retail facilities, industrial premises, etc. Toilet bowls can be located either side by side or on opposite sides of one wall.
- Service. You should not make the final choice on the aesthetics of the controls. It is necessary to make sure that it will be possible to service plumbing units through the service window.
- Buttons. The drain button often becomes a deterrent when buying. Dual-mode systems have already been replaced by non-contact models, as well as flush-stop designs. Proximity buttons look stylish and modern, but the traditional two-mode option has maximum reliability.
- Price. You can save a lot of money when buying a complete installation. Standard kit includes base frame, cistern, controls, sound deadening, adapters and hardware.
- Reviews. A lot of useful information about the performance of the installation can be found on thematic forums. It is here that system problems in a particular model are most often detected.
Our review includes 8 of the best installations for hanging toilets. Expert opinions and user reviews were important selection criteria.
Table of advantages and disadvantages – which is better installation or a regular toilet
+ Can be mounted anywhere in the room
+ ease of floor cleaning
+ saving space in the toilet
+ easy access to bowl
– Difficulty accessing communications
– difficult to adjust the drain tank
– problematic replacement during the next repair
+ affordable price
+ reliable fixation
+ good access to communications
+ easy installation
– takes up a lot of space in a cramped closet
– Difficulty cleaning around the bowl
– outdated design.
Rating of the best installations for the toilet
TECE lux 400
A wide range of toilet functions can be performed by the TECE lux 400 terminal. The installation is not only complete, but also allows programming thanks to the sen-Touch touch panel. Despite the exorbitant price, the experts gave the first place to the system, because it is a role model. The wall module is equipped with an efficient air purification system that can operate even without ventilation. To do this, the installation has a ceramic filter filled with activated carbon. Its service life is 5 years.
It is worth noting the capacious drain tank, it has several options for draining, starting from 3 and ending with 9 liters. The German system does not cause complaints from users, it fits perfectly into the modern concept of a smart home.
- air cleaning;
- automatic control;
- capacious tank;
- economical consumption of water and electricity.
See also: 12 best wall hung toilets
GEBERIT Duofix UP320
The Swiss installation GEBERIT Duofix UP320 is designed for the tightest toilets. Even when installation is hindered by plumbing pipes, the system can be fixed thanks to the elongated studs and the special frame design. A distinctive feature of the manufacturer is the production of spare parts even for those products that have not been produced for 25 years. Therefore, with the repair of the installation, users will not have problems. Experts put the system in second place in the rating for high quality workmanship, ease of installation and reliability.
Users appreciated the technical parameters of the installation, unique design features. A clear lack of plumbing is the lack of fasteners for installation.
- quality assembly;
- ease of installation;
- 10 year warranty.
- no fasteners included.
GROHE Rapid SL
The simple design of the German GROHE Rapid SL installation has a favorable effect on the price. At the same time, the design is characterized by high strength, which is provided by a profile pipe. This quality was appreciated by the owners of shopping centers and heads of offices where a large number of people visit the toilet. Plumbers note the convenience of connection, you can bring a water pipe from any side. The manufacturer has provided both single and in-line application. The model takes the third place in the ranking.
Buyers are pleased with the rich equipment, where there is a tank, a button, a decorative panel, a special soundproof gasket. Only the service window is small, and the chrome coating from the button is gradually erased.
- acceptable price;
- polymer painting of the frame;
- reliable design;
- rich equipment.
- non-durable chrome plating;
- small service window.
In the most complete configuration, you can purchase the Dutch installation Wisa 8050. In addition to the frame and the tank, there is a toilet bowl with a button, as well as all the necessary communications. One gasket provides noise insulation, the other seals the decorative window cover. The manufacturer made a narrow frame (380 mm), so it will be possible to install it without problems in standard niches of apartments. This approach saves usable space. Experts focus on a 10-year warranty, a small drain tank (6 l) and quality assembly.
The installation did not make it to the top three in the rating due to some shortcomings. Plumbers have trouble buying parts, and the toilet seal is constantly squeezing out.
- narrow frame;
- full set;
- quality manufacturing;
- uniform flow.
- no spare parts;
- great weight.
See also: 7 best corner toilets
Cersanit DELFI Leon
The best combination of price and quality in our rating is possessed by the Polish installation Cersanit DELFI Leon. Despite the budget system, it is made very high quality. The design uses a large number of plastic elements, but they are quite reliable and durable. The system is fixed to the wall with three studs, there are retractable legs for height adjustment. The installation frame has a small width (350 mm), and the user does not have to purchase additional mounting to install the installation. Everything you need is included in the kit.
Domestic users speak flatteringly about the installation of Cersanit DELFI Leon. It is cheap, convenient and compact. But over time, the drain button stops working, and the difficulties with installing plumbing are explained by a small number of turns on the studs.
- compact dimensions;
- low price;
- the presence of fasteners.
- no spare parts;
- drain button is broken.
Comfort and convenience are the main advantages of the German TECE Profil installation. The design is so thoughtfully made that it can be installed without problems in any size toilet. It should be noted that the manufacturer offers all the necessary components. Therefore, if any element breaks down, there will be no problems with repairs. As standard, the system is equipped with a cistern (10 l), fasteners for installing the installation and a toilet bowl, pipes for connecting a toilet bowl. But the flush panel will have to be purchased additionally.
Customers are delighted with the quality of installation, ease of installation and comfort in operation. Only the high price does not allow the model to rise higher in our rating.
- quality assembly;
- ease of connection;
- comfort during operation.
- high price;
- there are cases of leakage of the tank during the warranty period.
Vitra Blue Life 740-5800-01
Turkish designers came up with a very convenient design for mounting a hanging toilet bowl. The Vitra Blue Life system can fit into the space limited by pipes. The narrow U-shaped frame is equipped with thin legs, which makes it easy to connect the toilet to the sewer. The main load falls on the fastening to the wall, the task of the legs is to support the structure and adjust the height. The system is reliably protected from corrosion by powder paint, thanks to which it was possible to increase the warranty period up to 5 years.
With all the advantages of the Turkish system, experts put it only in 7th place in the rating. Along with high-quality manufacturing and an affordable price, users express dissatisfaction with insufficient height adjustment and the complexity of repairs.
- convenient design;
- quality manufacturing;
- 5 year warranty.
- small height adjustment;
- the inconvenience of repair.
Read also: 8 best Roca toilets
AlcaPlast A100/1000 Alcamodul
A compact installation from the Czech Republic AlcaPlast A100/1000 Alcamodul is sold on the domestic market at the lowest price. The model does not have a floor mount, so it is suitable only in those toilets where there is a reliable back wall (concrete, brick). The system will have to withstand the total weight of the cistern, toilet bowl and person. The drain tank has special loops for connection with mounting studs. And the hanging toilet is attached to the bottom of the frame through a false wall. The tank is equipped with an oval two-position button, for connecting the toilet to the sewer there is a small adapter in the form of a knee.
Consumers attribute low price, ease of installation and compact dimensions to the advantages of the system. The model is not suitable for large users, and not all walls can withstand the installation.
- low price;
- simple installation;
- easy height adjustment.
- low strength;
- suitable only for reliable walls.