Overhead sinks allow the most rational use of the space of a cramped room. They are installed on the countertop, making the furniture in the bathroom multifunctional. Today, in specialized stores in Russia, products from different materials are presented, they differ in shape, overall dimensions and cost. The recommendations of our experts will help you find a model that will not only be comfortable and practical, but will make the interior even more elegant.
Shapes and sizes. Manufacturers of overhead sinks, meeting the needs of consumers, offer models of various shapes and sizes.
- As for the appearance, the most popular today are shells with a round, oval and rectangular shape. They are the easiest to fit into different interior styles. Exotic lovers can choose the shape of a flower, a triangle, a boat or a drop.
- But in pursuit of sophistication and individuality, one should not forget about the size of the product. This applies not only to the diameter of the bowl, width or depth. It is important to consider the height of the sink. Some small models cause a lot of trouble with cleaning the room due to splashes flying in different directions.
Material. Overhead sinks are made from different materials. Some of them are very popular in our country today.
- Models made of sanitary porcelain and faience are equally in demand. These materials are resistant to mechanical stress and household chemicals. The smooth surface does not retain moisture and dirt, so it will not be difficult to maintain the dazzling whiteness of the washstand.
- Glass shells seem airy and elegant. Since even a drop of water leaves a noticeable mark on the surface, it is better to give preference to matte models.
- Stone sinks are most often made of artificial marble. The material is highly durable, aesthetic and durable. And only with careless handling can chips or microcracks appear.
- So far, acrylic washstands are not widely used in Russia. Experts consider the strengths of the material to be an affordable price, lightness, and a wide selection of shapes.
- Wooden overhead sinks can be called exclusive at all. They can become a real decoration of any bathroom. Since the wood is impregnated with special water-repellent compounds, the product should be taken care of strictly according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
holes. Not all sinks have the necessary openings for connection to the water supply and sewerage system.
- Most manufacturers make a drain hole. But before buying, you should pay attention to the diameter of the hole. It can be difficult to find a siphon for some models.
- The mixer is not always mounted in the sink, so many models come without a corresponding hole. Sometimes manufacturers make markings on the side of the bowl, according to which one or two holes can be made independently.
- To prevent water from overflowing over the edges after filling the sink, special holes are made to which sewer hoses are connected. In some models, a waste and overflow system is supplied with the sink.
We have selected 8 of the best overhead sinks for review. All these models are sold in the trade network of our country. When distributing positions, the editors of the journal expertology relied on the opinion of the expert community, taking into account the feedback from Russian consumers.
Rating of the best overhead sinks
LAUFEN PRO 812964
Modern appearance, European quality and practicality were key factors for the editors of expertology magazine in determining the winner of our review. The Swiss countertop washbasin LAUFEN PRO 812964 has an oval shape, high-quality porcelain plays the role of the base. The experts liked the innovative vitreous coating that does not trap dirt. In addition, it is characterized by chemical resistance, which expands the scope of the product. Caring for the sink is extremely simple, just rinse the surface with a jet of water. Thanks to the perfect smoothness, you can save on cleaning products.
The owners in the reviews praise the model for its durability, the preservation of bright white color over the years, practicality, and stylish appearance.
- stylish design;
- vitreous coating;
- dazzling white;
- not detected.
Also Read: Top 8 Bathroom Sink Manufacturers
RAVAK Moon 1C
The Czech countertop washbasin RAVAK Moon 1C captivated our experts with its trendy design. The model is made in the form of a circle with a straight back face, which allows it to be attached to the wall without a gap. The manufacturer chose cast white marble as the main material. The product is able to harmonize rectangular and round objects in the room. It should be noted that the sink is supplied without holes for the faucet, is not provided in the bowl and overflow. The asset of the product should include compact dimensions, wear resistance and a 5-year warranty. The model becomes the silver medalist of our review.
Domestic users speak flatteringly about the spectacular appearance, ease of installation, ease of maintenance. The only downside is the high price.
- marble base;
- spectacular geometric shape;
- 5 year warranty;
- ease of care.
Grohe Cube Ceramic 3947800H
Fans of rectangular sinks should take a closer look at the German model Grohe Cube Ceramic 3947800H. The model has an almost square shape (50x49x12.5 cm), the bowl is made of sanitary ceramics. Experts call the color alpine white, it remains throughout the life of the sanitary ware. Thanks to the innovative GROHE PureGuard coating, dirt and bacteria do not linger on the surface of the sink. The manufacturer made a hole in the center for the mixer, as an alternative, two marked holes are offered. An overflow connection is also provided.
Russian consumers liked the German quality, the antibacterial coating of the bowl, the possibility of different connection options. Of the shortcomings, the high cost is noted.
- antibacterial coating;
- ease of installation;
- quality manufacturing;
- stylish design.
Luxurious appearance has a laid on sink MELANA MLN-T4003-G2. It is made of white faience in the form of a round bowl, the outer side of the product is decorated with mosaic gilding. Experts note a successful combination of compactness (diameter 38.5 cm, depth 14 cm) and lightness (6 kg). The Russian manufacturer made only one 45 mm hole for connecting the siphon. There are no holes for the mixer and overflow. The asset of the product should include high-quality manufacturing, which is confirmed by a 5-year warranty. The model stops a step away from the prize three.
Domestic owners liked the luxurious design of the sink, the exact dimensions, and the durability. But it is better not to pour aggressive chemicals into the bowl.
- beautiful appearance;
- compactness and lightness;
- 5 year warranty;
- quality manufacturing.
- afraid of aggressive chemicals.
Also Read: Top 12 Kitchen Sink Manufacturers
VitrA Geo 4423
The Turkish wall-mounted sink VitrA Geo 4423 boasts the optimal combination of aesthetics and practicality. Experts appreciated the environmental friendliness of porcelain, which is made on the basis of natural white clay. The oval bowl has thin walls, which makes the product light. In the process of numerous tests, the reliability of the structure and the absence of microcracks in the glaze were confirmed. The surface is perfectly smooth and hygienic. The sink steadfastly withstands the impact of aggressive environments, and the color retains its original shade. The drain diameter is 32 mm. There are no other holes in the sink.
In Runet, users praise the model for its beautiful and simple shape, compactness, and high quality. The downside is the high price.
- unique porcelain;
- smooth glaze;
- resistance to aggressive environments;
- beautiful shape.
The AM.PM M70AWCC0802WG model was the most spacious and capacious overhead sink in our review. It is made in a rectangular shape with sides measuring 81×49.5 cm and a height of 17.5 cm. Several holes were made in the sink: for a drain with a diameter of 46 mm, for an overflow and a mixer (in the center). The bowl itself is made of high quality porcelain with a smooth, wear-resistant finish. Experts recommend a model for the classic interior of the room. The Russian manufacturer gives a 3-year warranty for its product. The model closes the TOP-6.
Russian users liked the appearance, reasonable price, and spaciousness. The bowl is deep enough, so the spray does not fly in all directions. But due to the large dimensions, the sink is not suitable for every room.
- democratic price;
- 10 year warranty;
- quality manufacturing.
Roca Bol 327876
The Spanish wall-mounted sink Roca Bol 327876 has the best combination of price and quality. The model is made in the shape of a round bowl, the manufacturer used sanitary faience as the main material. The sink diameter is 42 cm and the height is 23 cm. Experts believe that the product will look harmoniously in a hi-tech interior. The bowl has only one hole with a diameter of 32 mm for a siphon. The model should be installed with a slope towards the user. Separately, it is worth mentioning the 10-year warranty period for the sanitary ware.
The owners, judging by the reviews, most of all liked the appearance of the sink. For the sake of beauty, they had to overcome difficult installation. In addition, some users had to install a tall mixer.
- affordable price;
- high quality;
- wear resistance;
- beautiful appearance.
- complex installation;
- a tall mixer is required.
See also: 12 best manufacturers of artificial stone sinks
Cersanit CASPIA RING
The Polish model Cersanit CASPIA RING closes the top eight of the best overhead sinks. It is sold in the Russian trade network at the lowest price. The product looks stylish and practical. The round bowl made of porcelain has a diameter of 44 cm and a height of 14.5 cm. A hole with a diameter of 35 mm is made for the siphon, and there is an elevation with holes for the mixer. Thanks to the smooth finish, the white washbasin is exceptionally easy to care for. The sink comes with a set of fasteners. Although the model belongs to the budget segment, the manufacturer gives it a 10-year warranty.
Domestic owners liked the Polish product for its low price, beautiful design, and ease of cleaning. Of the minuses, they distinguish complicated installation, lack of installation instructions.
- low price;
- Beautiful design;
- 10 year warranty;
- simple care.
- complex installation.